Saturday, April 11, 2009

Conga Slap tone Part 1

*This is a shorter version and will download faster. In this episode we will go over the slap tone on the congas. We will also go over a couple of exercises to develop the technique further. Thank you everyone for your patience in waiting for this podcast. We will do our best to upload future episodes more frequently. Please visit my blog and post any questions you may have. You can go to www.heartbeatforworship.com and follow the link for the blog. If you subscribe to my podcast on my blog or in itunes you will be automatically notified of future episodes by email. Also feel free to visit the site and drop us a line and let us know how you are doing. God bless you and heaven smile upon you is my prayer. William

3 comments:

thirdborn said...

i am a none believer but i believe in you. i have a LP Aspire Quinto and Conga. i have been searching the web for months for instruction on how to strike the heads and how to make the slap. you are by far the best i have found. thank you. i am also curious to the brand of congas you use. the Aspire series is good for now but i would eventually like to get a better set in the future. the heads on the congas you use seem to get a fuller sound then mine.

poach be with you.

richard.

heartbeat said...

Hello Richard,
I use Isla congas, Meinl Luis Conte signature congas, and toca. The Toca's that I use have a very bright higher sound however I really do enjoy the Isla congas. They are my favorite however the creator of the Isla congas will be moving his business overseas and I am not sure how long they will be out of commission. Meinl makes some very nice full sounding congas. Check out Tycoon as well. I have only heard good things from them. Email me at my website www.heartbeatforworship.com for more information. Thanks for viewing!

thirdborn said...

i hope you realize i meant, peace be with you. i don't know where poach came from. thank you for your reply.