Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Grace




Well this post is not a percussion post, but seeming as this is also a Christian worship blog it was impressed upon my heart to write this note.

I noticed new grey hairs on my wife today. Surprisingly they were very striking to me. They symbolized the beautiful grace God has given to her and me through the years. I am still a young man (30) but yet it seems like yesterday when I was just a child worshipping my father...my personal superhero, and now here I am a father. Shaving is no longer as exciting as it once was during my adolescence, and I am just starting to feel sore on Monday after service (only slightly guys of course depending upon how hard I played :)) What I am trying to say is that life is very short and we should treasure each moment. When the weight of the world seems to be resting on your shoulders and there is so much yet to do...do not forget about or ignore the very ones who love you. Before you know it they will be fathers and you will be an old man reflecting upon those precious days of their dependence upon you. If I could put it in musical terms... the  rhythm  of your life will one day be over and the song will end. Make each moment count... 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is so beautiful! I know I say it often,But I am sooo proud.Auntie gail